Make your own free website on Tripod.com
Home
The Brews Paper
Beer Index
Brewery Index
Desert Drinker
Books on Beer
Beer Styles
Beer Clubs
Recommended Links
About Andrew
Beer Quotes
Dear Brewers

Lagunitas Brewing

Official Web Page 
1322-B Ross Street, Petaluma, CA 94954, USA
Tel: 707-769-4495 Fax: 707-763-5254

Opened: 
Capacity: 5,200 barrels/year
Date Visited:

This is a brewery based in Petaluma, Northern California. I read a press article from 1998 that stated 85% of LBC's beer is sold throughout the Bay Area to local pubs and restaurants; the remaining 15 percent can be found in 240 Safeway stores in Northern California. The head brewer also stated that "We would consider it a huge failure if our beer had to travel 1,000 miles. Small is the true nature of the business." Distribution has more recently expanded to Oregon and Washington, but it may be some time before the beers travel any further.

Beers Reviewed

(click on beer name for full review)
Lagunitas Dog Town Pale Ale Type: Pale Ale ABV: 5.3%

Pale amber color, slight hazy, and light in body. There’s a good level of carbonation as well as a firm white foam. The nose is fresh and noticeably sweet and malty, with suggestions of caramel, while there’s also a good hop balance evident. It carries a firm but fairly light and easy palate, with something of an English Bitter mouthfeel and a little carbonation. The malt is instantly noticeable; it’s even a little sugary or candy-like at the tip. There’s a biscuity, caramel malt in the middle but to a lesser extent than I would have expected. The hops bite in fairly early, although the malt does hold up well throughout striking up a good balance, while there’s a good tangy citrus that gives a slightly sharp, prickly finish. The aftertaste is pretty mellow as the tang subdues and the caramel or toffee notes reassert themselves a little without really dominating.

Ratings: Appearance: 4/5 Aroma: 8/10 Palate: 3/5 Taste: 7/10 Overall: 14/20 Score: 3.6

Last Updated: 08/06/2001

Email any corrections

Read real reviews...make informed decisions!
Write informative reviews on thousands of consumer products and get paid for it!
 

Standard Logo - Static

You are visitor number:



Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

Welcome to the Beermachine

Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

If you have any comments on my reviews or useful advice for this site, please email me at:
andrewdaryl_smith@yahoo.com
I would also be pleased to hear from anyone who may have an interest in contributing to the site.